I voted for the first time in our county primaries. Voting is a privilege and a duty and something we should not take for granted. In my world history class, we discussed Nazi Germany and Communist Russia, and learning about them made me feel more appreciative of the freedoms we enjoy. On a side not, Friday morning, I turned in by Global Challenge final and am now finished. Halloa!
Today was a long, eventful day that began at an early 4 A.M. start. The race started at seven o'clock, but we had to be parked by five, so we could catch a shuttle to the starting lines and find our places. Isaac, Rachel, Noah, Jefferson, Susanna, and Hannah ran the half and Rebekah and I ran the whole. Rebekah was going to do the half, but she got zealous and decided to go the whole way. What a sight the finish line was! I started an a slow pace and gradually built up speed around mile 6. From then until 14 or so, I stayed at a steady clip. Somewhere afterwards, I begin to tire and slow down. To make a long 4 hr. 20 something minute story short, and after about many recitations of Isaiah 40:31, I received a sudden burst of energy at mile 24, made a charge signal with my arm and was able to finish.
6 comentarios:
Congratulaciones, hermano. What an amazing accomplishment. On a side note, I ran to the dinner table yestereven. Not as trying as your feat, I'll admit, yet trying to run all of six or seven steps and then coming to a quick stop in just the right seat does present its challenges.
Long live Professor Zeller and long live Logic!
Aye, long live Zellerian logic! Well, Heggs, that's a close one. I was very glad to finish both the marathon and global challenge.
Congrats Seth!
I registered to vote today! No longer am I an apathetic teen without a cause.
And may I extend a hearty "halloa" to you in congrats for your race? Seems like you enjoyed yourself, and let's only hope you finish your last leg of finals as strongly as you did the marathon.
Thanks for the encouragement, Nomos. Glad am I to hear that you are now eligible to participate in the next election.
wow.....that is a very long time to run! how awesome is that!
Publicar un comentario