12 noviembre 2005
Mansfield Park
Mansfield Park is the last of the six complete Jane Austen novels that I have read. This story was different from the rest in that it took the length of the book for Mr. Edmund Bertram, our hero, to finally understand what was right before him, and to realize that Miss Crawford was not the right one. Some have felt that Miss Fanny Price had a lack of spirit that was dispalyed by her fretful reflections. Although she is by no means, an Elizabeth Bennett, she had a firm, unswaying character that was shewn many times, not the least being her refusal of Henry Crawford. I enjoyed reading the book. It was not my favorite of hers, but it was written well, and it proved to be a welcome break between classes.
2 comentarios:
Miss Price proved a fine judge of character when she rejected Mr. Crawford. I was quite pleased when she refused him!
I might add that I was pleased she never did accept him. The movie had her changing her mind a couple of times. Of course, movies usually do not go exactly like the book.
Publicar un comentario