24 octubre 2005
Reading Books and Other Things
Let it not be miscontrued that a lack of updating blogs necessarily means a lack of action. Tis true that I have not posted here for two se'nnights, a fortnight that is, but I have enjoyed getting back into reading other books besides things related to school. One afternoon, I was bemoaning to a fellow lover of literature the fact that I had not been reading as I would like, when I thought, what time is better than the present to begin anew? To that intent, I began and read much before and during our two day Fall Break. I am currently reading through four outside of school books, along with the Bible of course. Tis a thing I enjoy, but sometimes am not as disciplined as I should be. Having made the point that I enjoy reading, yestereve's sermon was quite striking about seeking God. In the midst of reading, doing, and living, let us not neglect the Holy Word, the inspired words of God, which is the best read of all.
15 comentarios:
So, what four books are you reading?
It is dificult to discipline ourselves not to procrastinate and waste our time instead of reading God's Word or reading in general. It is rather eccentric how we seem to forget the bliss we obtain from opening our minds to think beyond the realm of our realities, to enter in God's mind, or the mind of a different human being that functions in another manner from our own. Not only did God give us two ears, He gave us two eyes. We can really learn to listen when we take the time to discover more than what we want to hear.
By the bye, I enjoyed our conversation on the phone. I pray that God continues to bless you.
The four books are Mansfield Park, God and Ronald Reagan, Government by Judiciary, and the Supreme Court by the late William Rehnquist. Actually right now, I am just reading Mansfield Park. I decided I would rather read a lot in one book and finish it relatively quickly instead of reading a few pages out of four books at once.
I LOVE Mansfield Park! Let's talk when you finish, please?
I am doing my best to finish it soon and am finding it hard to put down.
O hark! Does that mean that you...gasp.... *like* it?
Another Mansfield Park lover! Too good to be true!
Oh, Setiagoooooooooo... Wherefore art thou? We breathlessly await thy next visitation to this space! Leave us pining no longer!
(C'mon, everybody. Help me smoke him out. Grovel and beg a little, wouldja?)
Oooooh, Seth?????
Meditating? Mowing lawns? Running away? Cooking fried chicken?
Where did you go?
I know! I know!
Setiago has finished reading Mansfield Park, and is now following in my footsteps and shooting a photo essay of the book using kumquats, pomegranates and raspberries as the characters.
GO, Setiago, GO!
I crave pardon for my continued absence. I have been meditating somewhat, but have not been employed in mowing lawns, running away, or cooking fried chicken. The fried chicken does sound good though. Shieldmaiden, I have finished reading Mansfield Park, but cannot reasonably hope to attain such a grand feat as thou hast skilfully accomplished. I pray thy patience for a little while longer, as I hope to start a new heading concerning Mansfield Park with related thoughts and observations.
Oh, please do. It's a dreary, lonely world for Mansfield Park devotees like me.
If we bring you fried chicken, will you post?
if you being me fried chicken, I will post!
four books? you must read fast. nice post. you really should post more often you know. buenos dias.
Publicar un comentario