This wonderful book, Miles Gone By, by William F. Buckley, Jr. - one of the founders of the modern conservative movement - is a terrific book for all those people out there (you know who you are) who take pleasure in reading autobiographies. Buckley details his love of literature, politics, and the spoken word, and he does so in typical Buckley fashion - clever and insightful, and very fun to read.
If you have read none of Buckley's other works, than this is a good place to start. Buy the book, sit in your favorite reading spot, and take time to admire Buckley's beautiful writing style. You will not regret it.
5 comentarios:
I've been wanting to read that. His vocab is fab, no? He makes you remember why you need a dictionary nearby.
Yes. He certainly sends you rummaging through your writing desk for your dictionary.
I am not sure.
Yes, he did. He was accepting an honorary degree from Hillsdale, I believe. I read it recently.
We've been receiving and reading Imprimis for over 15 years now. Good brain food, that. And yes, the Buckley speech was good.
I enjoyed discussing some of the speeches with Benjamin that he had heard in person during his years at Hillsdale.
Publicar un comentario