I enjoyed writing this poem whilst sitting in our back yard on a fine spring day in April. The birds singing above and the cool breeze flowing by triggered some thoughts in my head. I mused for awhile, then rushed inside to grab a pen and some paper. What transpired is as follows:
O what a joyful time is spring
When all the birds do gaily sing!
Perched high atop the great oak tree,
They play and sing with perfect glee.
The tulip, rose, and iris too
From the warm earth spring fresh anew.
Grass-green as the Emerald Isle
Covers our grand state mile by mile.
The bee while buzzing all around
Tell us that he has honey found.
The cooling breeze that sweeps the sky
Gives relief from the sun up high.
To God we lift our hands above
And praise Him for His wondrous love.
He hath giv'n us this blessed spring;
Let our anthems joyfully ring!
Hopeful and thankful, aye, are we,
For it's springtime in Tennessee.
2 comentarios:
I love your writing, keep it up!
brilliantly done, man
Publicar un comentario