04 agosto 2005
John Bolton and the UN
President Bush has appointed John Bolton as ambassador to the United Nations in a Senate recess after a five month stall by Senate Democrats, plus a few liberal Republicans. According to Senator Edward M. Kennedy, the White House, or Bush, abused power and used a "cloak of secrecy." Well, the difference in the twain is that what Bush did happens to be constitutional, while the senator's actions often are not. According to my limited knowledge of Mr. Bolton, he takes a hard stance against the UN, often criticizing it in derogatory terms. So far, so good. The UN does deserve to be criticized and I think we would be much better without it. Spending money on the UN is not a good way to use taxpayer money, especially when much of the money is wasted through corruption. I also view the UN as a threat to our national interests. I fear that we risk losing some of our national, not to mention state, sovereignty when we entangle ourselves in such an institution. Read Washingon's Farewell Address. In it, he wisely warned against "entangling alliances." I wish our leaders would take heed to such warning.
4 comentarios:
Have you seen pictures of Bolton? The fellow looks like a cross between Mark Twain and Albert Eienstien(sp?)! He almost looked like he was glaring during the press conference the other day...
What do ya'll think about Frist's most recent position regarding stem cell research? I know that both Tom Coburn and Cal Thomas were against his last position, but then George Will said it really wasn't that differnt from the Pre's stance. But I think I am agreeing with Coburn and Cal on this one
-Jrog
Rogerio,
I was very disappointed in Senator Frist's recent statement. I am opposed to stem cell research. I cannot justify "helping" people by killing human embryos.
You need to talk to my grandfather about the UN sometime. He has very, very interesting things to say about it.
A totally unrelated question-- Who is this mysterious 'rino?' And does he ever intend to post anything? :-)
Fa-so-la-la, I would love to talk to your grandfather about the UN. Maybe I'll have an opportunity sometime. Rino is the one who wrote the poem about the piano for his brother Tylerius, aka the Poeite. I hope he will post some of his poetry and other writings here, but he has yet to do so.
Publicar un comentario