Wow! A leather football helmet from 1916...an old Memphis State jacket from the 1980s... a ticket stub from the game we beat UT Nov. 9, 1996...an old Tiger flag...a picture from the first graduating class....a wait! SWEET! No way! An actual WTSN (West Tennessee State Normal School) banner!
History is a fascinating topic, both recent and ancient. The other day, whilst waiting for a class, I decided to walk around campus and go into some buildings which I had never before entered. I walked up to the administration building with some trepidation, but decided to march boldly inside. What an intriguing place with many stories of its own. The same I thought for other buildings, especially a particular room in Brister, the old library.
Now, I had wanted to go inside this mysterious room before, but it is open only on certain select hours. Aha-now open on Fridays-1:30-4. I can, I must, I shall go thought I to myself and glad I was for going. The room is full of school memorabilia and an excellent place to browse. So, a bunch of old junk. Nay, rather a collection of treasure! Maybe that's one reason I chose to become a history major.
2 comentarios:
Hmmm...can't say that I've done very much exploring around campus. I'm a little afraid of getting lost plus I usually don't have the time. However, I must admit that I did go with my roommate and a friend late at night to a food court at a dining hall across campus that was open to get my roommate some food since she'd slept through dinner. That was fun until we missed the bus to get back and had to freeze until the next one came. We must have looked humorous jumping up and down and pacing the sidewalk in front of a dorm trying to keep warm.
I didn't know you were a history major. What kind of history?
While U of M history does not particularly pique my interest, I do enjoy most history. I've never had a strong liking for Ancients and the Middle Ages, excepting the Reformation.
Do you know how many figues of speech you used in this post? I counted several, and they actually gave me a headstart on an assignment! I just have to reproduce the sentence in which the figure of speech is found, and hand it in to my teacher. So thanks!
Publicar un comentario