11 noviembre 2006

Thoughts on Various Things: Weather, Politics, and Sports

Something about the cool fall weather excites and invigorates me. The changing of the colors of the leaves is a pleasant effect of this time of year along with the overcast sky and cool nights with draughts of spiced tea.
Having said that, I hope that those in Congress will remember that defeating bad measures is as important as passing good measures. Now may be a time to be on the defensive with certain politicians having gained prominent places of power, but let not the fear of being called a "Do Nothing Congress" stop those who would defeat the passage of harmful bills even if that may not seem as glamorous as getting ones name attached to a certain harmful measure. Remeber the Latin phrase, sadly often forgotten during the last six years, "Veto" or "I forbid."
Lastly, having been to many football games this year, remember the famous phrase, "There stands Jackson like a stone wall." Remember that, defensive line!

9 comentarios:

Mimigrace08 dijo...

Ohio didn't get much of a fall this year. We got all our cold weather in September and hardly had any pretty leaves.

As for politics, Ohio did not do well at all in the elections last week.

And Sports,I've never, ever been to a football game!

LaceyP dijo...

I don't think the defensive line heard you! :) ha!

(Go Hankins! wooHOO!) ;)

Anónimo dijo...

ummm..seth..what defensive line?!?!?!?! WE DONT HAVE ONE!:)

joe4444 dijo...

Hey, do you really want me to comment on the political results? :)

Well, the fall weather is rather invigorating. And the Tigers.... well... the Vols have lost 3 games and out of the SEC Championship and BCS hunt. Yes it tis a rather pleasant time of year, indeed.

Setiago dijo...

If thou wishest to so discuss the results, thou mayest do so. I do believe however, that you have done so regarding Ford, Jr. quite voluminously on your blog.

wam_home dijo...

I have been ready for some fall/winter weather for quite some time. It is, as you say, invigorating. Regarding congress and the Republicans dismal performance, All I can say is that IRAQ has made it very difficult for many Americans to support them (the republicans). Many voters who previously voted Republican switched and voted Democratic because they feel its the only way to end our involvement in Iraq. Personally, I'm not sure, if the US stayed there for another 15 to 20 years, if we could actually accomplish anything permanent. I'm all for supporting our troops. But someone in the Republican party has to figure out if we are wasting our money and our time in that place. I think we have spent about 350 billion so far and suffered 2800 US deaths, 21000 US wounded, and 47000 Iraqi civilian deaths. I'm not sure if the end result is worth the cost. I welcome any suggestions you might have for a fix to the Republican party political situation. I like their conservative values but I feel they are shooting themselves in the foot with their continued chants of "Stay the course".

Anónimo dijo...

muy intersante

Anónimo dijo...

post maybe
or not

HandmaidenforHim dijo...

We had about four to six inches of snow a little over a week ago. I think it was the closest thing to a blizzard that I've seen since we moved out here, and it was soooo cold!!! Personally, I like warm weather ever so much better because I'm of a rather cold-natured constitution.
I must admit that I was very dissapointed by the election results. I did find comfort, however by reading my Bible and listening to Rush Limbaugh.