To quote a section from the movie Fiddler on the Roof, "Wonder of wonder, miracle of miracles", I was pleasantly surprised yesterday about 3 P.M. to see gargantuan snowflakes falling down upon our city. I was in the computer lab at the U of M, when a lady came up and said that everything was closing. We, inside the lab, were a bit surprised, because the lab is supposed to be open 24 hrs. There was a lady from New York nearby, and I explained to her that everything shuts down in Memphis at the first advent of snow. She was a bit humored, being used to snow.
As I left campus and went home, I felt cheerful. This was our first snow since December of 2004 and that was mostly ice. The overcast sky, the snow falling down, and the white, pristine carpet on the ground combined for a picture of tranquil beauty. I could not help but be thankful to be alive and see the hand of God skilfully work through His wonderful creation.
7 comentarios:
Isn't is such a wonder? I mean if you think about it -white fluffy things falling from the sky and all of a sudden, your entire world is sparkling white and everything takes on magical feel...rather exciting. I love it that God invented snow.
Amen, Heggs. Especially on a school day, right?
It was very beautiful..amazing!
Now, a few days after the snow, it is quite warm. The forecasts though call for more cold weather this weekend, with a possibility of some more precipitation. We shall see.
I wore a t-shirt and flip-flops today because it was so warm here, and then tonight I had to wear a sweatshirt...strange southern weather...
I can't stand having to tell these students that we're closing when we do close the labs, they always get on my case with the "I thought this was a 24 hour lab?" excuse, and then we are trying to get them to leave they take forever to get up, and we sometimes have to call public safety to get them removed from the lab.
Anyway, maybe I'll get you and Andrew a job, so you can see what you have to deal with, with these lab students.
you like spanish :)
Publicar un comentario