31 agosto 2005
The Incompatibility of Christianity and Islam
In one of my classes, Global Challenge to be precise, the professor made a statement that caught my attention. Wanting to question him about it, after class, I asked, "Are you saying that God and Allah are the same?" He replied in the affirmative and we discussed the issue for awhile. His point was that although Christians' and Muslims' views regarding the supernatural were different, they still worshipped the same God. I beg to differ. Muslims hold that Mohammed received revelation from the angel Gabriel. However, Galatians 1:8,9 states, "But though we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel unto you than that which we have preached unto you, let him be accursed. As we said before, so say I now again, If any man preach any other gospel unto you than that ye have received, let him be accursed." The apostle Paul made it quite clear that we have the gospel with us and should not be deceived by others, even angels, who claim to add to the Scriptures. Revelation 22:18 proclaims, "For I testify unto every man that heareth the words of this book, If any man shall add unto these things, God shall add unto him the plagues that are written in this book:" Furthermore, Islam accepts Jesus as merely another prophet and not equal to God. Hebrews 1:8 says, "But unto the Son he saith, Thy throne, O God, is for ever and ever: a sceptre of righteousness is the sceptre of thy kingdom." verse 10 "And Thou, Lord, in the beginning hast laid the foundation of the earth; and the heavens are the works of thine hands:" From reading this passage, it is obvious that Jesus is equal with God and the same. It is also clear that the God of the Bible and Allah of the Koran are not the same. Our God is a jealous God and will give His glory to none other.
1 comentario:
Bravo Seth! You ought to be congratulated for protesting the perfidious remarks made by that chap. I can already see that you will have an interesting semester...I only wish I were there to join the fun.
Publicar un comentario