28 diciembre 2005

The Emergence of a Weary Traveler

A poem I wrote (with some outside help of rearranging lines)

A strange, eerie light emerges
from the depths
of the underground fortress.
Where it leads, I know not.
With torch in hand,
and cautious steps,
I am approaching it
to see where it leads.

In fear the breeze
will blow out my flickering torch of yew wood,
Searching and trodding a path
into a forlorn forest
with only a faint trail,
my map has been lost
and I am trying
to find my way back
to somewhere.

Hark! What voice is that I hear?
A voice divine and sweet it seems;
A joyful melody
wafting through the breeze.
Alas, a song so soothing,
but where has it gone?
Where have I heard that same aria before?



That is about all I can do
for now.
I have been wanting
to write a poem,
but no subject
has come to mind.

4 comentarios:

fa-so-la-la dijo...

C K Dexter Haven, you have unsuspected depth!


(yesss.... a perfectly timed movie quote is one of the higher joys of life...)

Anónimo dijo...

That is very good for having no subject come to mind to write of. Very good indeed.

Anónimo dijo...

I think you have found your niche, Setiago. That is a very cool poem.

Setiago dijo...

The poem is in a different style from what I usually write, but I had fun experementing.