15 diciembre 2005

Anastasis

Thy sting departed, thy triumph gone
Victory shall be ours when we reach home.
Sorrows no more, sad tears dried all away
When Jesus' face we see that glor'ous day!
Inside earth for awhile we may lie;
Because of sin our bodies will die.
Christ the victor in splendour 'round His throne
Has grace to us given and mercy shown.
Rise up ye pilgrims; take courage anew.
Fear not when comes time to bid earth adieu.
Yea, in triumph shall we rise, our race run
To meet Jesus, our praises just begun.
Our shackles torn, from sin set free,
And death then shall give way to victory!

5 comentarios:

Anónimo dijo...

Good work as always, bro.

beatrice dijo...

Oh, that's really beautiful.
Wow.
Please write more!!!!

Lynn Bruce dijo...

yes -- what she said.

Setiago dijo...

I hope to continue to write more. I had been wanting to for some time when one night, I decided to put something down on paper. Nothing much came of my efforts that night, but soon afterwards I had a thought about the resurrection and starting writing. Sometimes, I can write a poem fairly quickly and at others it takes a long time.

Lynn Bruce dijo...

Yes - it's odd to me how some poems just seem to write themselves at red lights, practically, while others force you to dig around for every syllable to express a single thought.