12 septiembre 2005
World Civilization with Dr. Brown
Nearly two weeks have elapsed since I have last posted, therefore, I thought it time to write a few lines. Andrew and I had a very interesting World Civ. class today. Our professor is always ready to ask questions and make us think and today was no exception. The time period we are covering happens to be thousands and thousands or perhaps millions of years ago. The subject of religion was broached and the question of "What purpose does religion serve today?" was brought forth. As y'all may well imagine, a lively discussion ensued. We talked about the Creation, Evolution, faith, belief, and science. In response to the question, what are some things science cannot prove, I mentioned among other things, emotion, such as love. One girl, an atheist we later learned, proceeded to describe how that is very easily explained by chemical processes. Quite stunned at first, I was glad to get reinforcement from others. We went on a good while on the subject. I look forward to more such interesting classes as I experienced today.
1 comentario:
yes, that was quite a stimulating discussion. good stuff.
Publicar un comentario